Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Black Belt Life Skill: Ambition

At my black belt test I will be giving a speech about how I use the black belt life skill of ambition.  Ambition is when you want to achieve a goal.  I use ambition in Tae Kwon Do and math.

Ambition is important because you can achieve a lot. For instance, when I was a white belt I wanted to become a bodan belt. I kept on trying because I wondered what it was like to be a high-ranked belt.  Now that I have reached my goal, I am showing ambition by setting a new goal to become a master degree black belt.  I want to get a master degree black belt because I will be able to help others with their ambitions in Tae Kwon Do.

I have also shown ambition in math by working hard to learn new things so I can become an engineer.  If I become a great mathematician I will be able to become a great engineer.  As an engineer I'll need to know how to find the perimeter and area  of that I'm building. Also, if you're a computer engineer you need to figure out hoe to fit everything into the computer, and you'd decide if the pieces needed to fit into the computer as an obtuse, right, or acute angle.

Those are some ways I use ambition.

4 comments:

  1. You're awesome, Kat! I have every confidence that you will accomplish your goals. Good luck on Saturday!! (Jet wants to be an engineer too! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Very well said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great!
    What you think, what you do....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fine goals you have set and how thoughtful of you to want to encourage others to strive for their goals too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love any comments and feedback you have! Comments won't post right away - my mom reads all the comments before publishing them. :)

Thanks for reading!