Thursday, March 6, 2014

Demonstration Team

DEMO TEAM                 
                                                                
We practice a lot for the demo team. We do birthday performances at the Kim's White Tiger studio (where we practice). We do performances at University Mall. Master B.S. Lee (the demo team teacher) helps me with my jumping high snap kick. I practiced so much, I was able to do it as a performance at a birthday party and at University Mall (that's the video below). I am proud that I have learned to do a jumping high snap kick because I will be able to teach other people how to do it. 


Sometimes we get hurt, like I did in this video. I put all my weight on the foot I landed on instead of both feet. My foot was literally trembling after I landed. I went off stage before I was supposed to because I didn't want my foot to be seen.  Even though it hurt, I ignored it and went on with the performance. Even though we get hurt sometimes we still continue with demo team because we can accomplish a lot.  If we practice more before the next time we do it, we won't get hurt.  

Around six months after I joined the demo team, my little sister Eri joined demo team because she thought it was really cool.  I help her with things that she needs to catch up on because I already know it. She likes the forms I teach her and I like teaching her the forms.  I am also starting to practice back handsprings and once I know that I would be very happy to teach her how to improve what she has already accomplished.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love any comments and feedback you have! Comments won't post right away - my mom reads all the comments before publishing them. :)

Thanks for reading!